Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Salutations. I'm Sarah. This is my CAP blog.

It doesn't get much more exciting or interesting than this.

Here are things about me: I'm a sophomore at Blair.I like the color green. And purple. I like to read books, especially Agatha Christie's Poirot and other murder mysteries. I like dinosaurs. I hate people. I act. I'm not good at talking about myself.  The end.

The main aspect of filmmaking that I'm interested in is the scriptwriting and acting part. Mostly the acting part. I enjoy acting. The other parts are sort of confusing to me.

My only experience with media is the Photography class we took last year. It wasn't my favorite  class, but it had its fun moments. One of my favorite projects we did last year was the infoflow show open we did last year, which was fun because we could pretty much do anything. Me and my partner created a script about a spy whose mission was to find all the letters of the word "Infoflow", and used the Mission Impossible theme song to make it dramatic. I was the spy who had to find all the letters. It was fun to shoot and pretty easy to edit.

Another project I enjoyed was the live news project. Basically, we wrote and shot an entire live news show. I learned a lot about live TV and operating all the complicated equipment. My favorite part about that project (besides being a news anchor) was operating the switchboard, because I got to press a lot of buttons, which, if you ask any three-year-old child, is awesome.

We can use these blogs to:


  • Help our change project by announcing upcoming events related to what we're doing
  •  Help teachers assess how well we're learning through our reflections on projects we do
This is a picture of a movie slate. I chose it because I like acting, and I think it can also represent the return to high school- sort of like, "Year 2, take 1. action!"







No comments:

Post a Comment