Saturday, September 22, 2012

5x5 Project


Making Pizza
  1. Washing hands
  2. Shaping the dough
  3. Spreading sauce
  4. Putting on the cheese
  5. Putting the pizza in the oven
 Fun fact: The pizza that we made actually fell off the thing in the oven that it's supposed to cook on and burned. Then, we tried to make another one, but that one wasn't cooking fast enough, so we put it in the microwave and burned that, too. And so I spent my Friday night cleaning up burnt pizza from the oven and making pasta. I know, I know. I'm awesome.

But I digress. 

This project was pretty easy for me. I used my (admittedly very cheap) point and shoot digital camera to film and iMovie to edit. Once I decided what to make this project about, it was simple to film and edit.

I think this turned out okay- the only problem is that my washing machine is on in the background, and at least, to me, it's kind of annoying. And, of course, we couldn't use a clip of the pizza being eaten because of reasons explained above, but I had the clip of washing hands, so there were enough scenes. As far as the actual action and things, I'm pretty pleased with it.

For the next independent video challenge
  • We could have to film a few shots of motion so that it is all one movement, for example, a car drives through the frame from left to right and then the next shot is of a person running as though picking up from where the car left off, and then maybe a ball rolling across the frame, and so one. I'm pretty sure that didn't make much sense, but I don't really have a better way to explain it. A thousand apologies. 
  • We could do a short stop-motion video!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment